Archive for January, 2014
Tonight, Drew was awarded the “Arrow of Light” – the top achievement that you can earn as a Cub Scout in the USA. It doesn’t seem any time since I took Cameron to his first Tiger Cubs meeting 7 years ago. Since then, I’ve been a clueless hanger-on, an assistant Den Leader, a Den Leader and back to a mere cub parent. I saw Cameron and his den through their Arrow of Light a couple of years ago and now Drew has followed. Thinking back, it’s really scary just how quickly this chapter of our family life has flown by. Cub Scouts may be behind us, but I’m sure there are plenty of new adventures awaiting both Drew and me as he moves on to life as a fully fledged Boy Scout in a couple of weeks.
Yes, I know Christmas is long gone but it’s taken me a bit longer than usual to pull together this year’s annual family newsletter. You can find the scoop on most of the things that clan Wilson/Loftin got up to in 2013 if you click this link.
The time has come to let the cat out of the bag on the secret “5 Day Deal” I mentioned last week. “5 Day Deal” is a huge bundle of photography books, educational material, software, presets and discounts that is being offered for 5 days only, starting today. For the price of $89, you receive a bundle of products valued at over $1200 and a discount package worth an additional $400.
When I was first told about this, it felt too good to be true and I figured that it would be a bunch of material of very little interest but that’s not the case. The contributor list is fantastic and the books and videos are definitely top notch. The list includes the following which were highlights for me:
13 eBooks including
- “Photographing the 4th Dimension” by Jim Goldstein.
- “A Practical Guide to HDR Vertorama Photography” by Klaus Herrman.
- “Essential Light: Photography’s Life Blood” by Richard Bernabe.
- “I | We – Scenes From The Big Picture” by Karen Hutton.
12 Videos, courses and software packages including
- “HDR Photography Essentials pack” by Alex Koloskov.
- “Color Grading Tutorial” by Jaime Ibarra.
- “The Photographers’ Guide to Creating HD Video” by Rick Sammon and Juan Pons.
- “Edgy Photoshop Post Processing Techniques” by Joel Grimes.
- “Snapseed – The Definitive Guide” by my mate, Justin Balog.
12 preset, action and texture packages including
- “Creative Control Preset Pack” by Nicole S. Young.
- “MBP Fine Art Print Border Scripts” by Martin Bailey.
- “James B Lightroom Presets Bundle” by James Brandon.
Discounts on 11 products including
- $25 off Topaz Adjust from Topaz Labs.
- $30 off Perfect Photo Suite 8 from onOne Software.
- $10 off a Blurb book.
- $112 off Lindsay Adler’s “Designing an Image” class.
- $35 off “Mastering Star Trail Photography” by Jim Goldstein.
On top of this, 10% of the purchase price is being donated to charity. You can choose to split your charitable portion evenly between the 6 charities involved or specify a single one of them as the recipient.
The deal lasts until noon on January 10th and, once you have bought the bundle, you have a further two weeks to download the files. Head on over and check it out.